CHANGING FLOW OF THE FUTURE
Our advanced technology and data analytics optimize resources and reduce emissions while maintaining a reliable energy system. We collaborate with all stakeholders to revolutionize energy production, distribution, and consumption. Our commitment to progress sets us apart.
Flexible energy sharing
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
The main objective of GLocalFlex is to mobilise demand-response solutions & services in replicated manner for prompt horizontal scaling of flexible local energy systems (LES) by means of easy access and low barrier energy flexibility markets to increase the participation of the consumers across all energy-sectors.
The GLocalFlex approach promotes viable interoperable solutions and products at all levels of the grid (consumers, producers, retailers, aggregators & market) by selecting modular standards and tools during development.
It allows the overall system of systems to be
1) flexible by means of energy use to provide quality services to grid and
2) flexible by means of its own evolution (to change, upgrade or integrate several appliances, consumers and microgrids to create complex but viable cross-sectoral energy ecosystems).
The GLocalFlex concept will allow any Local Energy System (LES), Positive Energy District (PED), community, or appliance to evolve in a consistent way and offer flexibility using suitable hardware add-ons in a cost-effective and systematic manner to expose their full flexible potential.
GLocalFlex concept can adopt to any LES size, availability of local resources and regulations.
This project will demonstrate near real time, large scale, flexibility trading in six different field locations in Europe. It has consumer and system centric pilots that develop flexibility services and replicate them within the pilot group.
The GLocalFlex aims to have completely automated, machine-to-machine flexibility trading and flexibility order execution in LES by means of open, interoperable energy flexibility market and open standard based IT-tools that allows more flexibility consumers to join the market. Therefore, GLocalFlex will push forward the overall integration of disruptive renewable technologies and enhancing the stability of the grid at the same time.
HOW GLOCALFLEX BENEFITS YOU
- Increased flexibility in the energy system, enabling more efficient and reliable operation.
- More opportunities for renewable energy integration and reduced reliance on fossil fuels.
- Cost savings for energy consumers and utilities through more efficient use of energy resources.
- Enhanced participation and empowerment of consumers in the energy system.
- Creation of new business opportunities and job creation in the energy sector.
- Promotion of a circular and sustainable economy, reducing waste and promoting resource efficiency.
- Development of replicable flexibility services for different types of energy users and business models.
- Promotion of innovation and technology development in the energy sector.
- District in city of Clamart
- 20 collective and individual households
- Heat pumps, EV charging infrastructure, PV
- Smart metering systems
- Two locations: urban and rural
- In urban site a refurbishment of apartments with new tech
- Rural area with 1 office, school, 6 houses
- EV infra, heat pumps, smart metering
- Energy community in Figino Barbengo with 8 multi-family houses
- PV and EV installations
- Controlled whitegoods in the pilot
- Skarta/Utajärvi pilot
- Industrial park with different types of companies
- Energy community utilising Near Energy concept with local RES, energy storage, EV infra etc.
- City of Kladno
- Several buildings and installations
- PED concepts (local grid approach) and potential waste heat sources to be used
- Projects under realisation (PV installations, EV infra)
- Smart Grid lab & Wunsiedel pilot
- Wunsiedel pilot incorporated with PV and smart metering
- Developing new services (smart contracts, Grid awareness)